5 Things You May Not Know About Greater Seattle's Innovation Economy
Over the last 4 years we have published a report on Greater Seattle's innovation economy because we believe that creating a healthy and inclusive innovation economy leads to improved companies, communities, and lives. This year we have published an in-depth, 70-Page, report on Greater Seattle's innovation economy, including an overall report card, details about the tech and life sciences sectors, and resources for entrepreneurs, investors, professionals, service providers, and industry players. There are some surprising findings from the report. Here are 5 things you may not know about Greater Seattle's innovation economy:
1. New tech jobs in Greater Seattle over the last few years have grown at double the rate of Silicon Valley
2. 2018 saw the largest growth in new, local tech venture capital formation in a decade, however, over 50% of total venture capital investments have come from out of state
3. Over 80% of the tech talent in Greater Seattle has come from out of state
4. 7 out of 10 of the top office tenants in Greater Seattle are Tech Companies
5. Women-led tech and life sciences companies account for only 3% to 8% of the total
About linnovate Leadership Network - Iinnovate Leadership Network (pronounced “I innovate”) is an advisory firm and leadership network helping companies succeed in today’s innovation economy by accelerating innovation, scaling organizations, and renewing growth, in an environment of constant change and disruption.